RE: Skills

Subject: RE: Skills
From: "Melissa Medore" <mmedore -at- globalscape -dot- com>
To: "Humbird, LenX" <lenx -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:13:41 -0500

I'd like to add to all the great info you have been given by stating that I
have my BA in English. I am working on my MA in Technical Communications. I
haven't yet had a course in tech comm. because I switched tracks just last
semester from Creative Writing(but, no one ask me during the interview). I
did, however, have mass quantities of computer skills, an enthusiasm for the
future of the Internet, and I interview well. I didn't know how to use help
files programs - not a one, but my writing and proofing skills + dynamic
personality <g> won me this job where I am quickly learning Forehelp and
MShelp to edit our CuteMX program help file. I work everyday to understand
the structure and lingo of help files and my new environs, but the degree
you have hanging on your wall shouldn't hinder you in your search for a tech
writing job. It is your computer skills and your ability to learn programs
quickly that will sell you.
Melissa Medore
Technical Writer
http:\\globalscape.com