shortcuts to docs from Start menu

Subject: shortcuts to docs from Start menu
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:53:46 -0700 (PDT)

Of those of you who document Windows-based software,
does your installation process put a shortcut to the
documentation (either on-line help or .pdfs) on the
Start menu or an application-specific sub-menu from
Start?

I always appreciate it when I see that, but the co. I
work for adheres to Microsoft standards (mostly)
(well, more or less <g>), and MS apparently is
specifically recommending *against* it, although no
one here is quite sure why.

input, advice, and general commentary is, as always,
appreciated.

TIA,
Becca

=====
Becca Price
beccap -at- rust -dot- net (primary address)

"God is not willing to do everything and thus deprive us
of our free will, and that share of glory which falls to
our lot." N. Machievelli, "The Prince" ch.26

http://mail.yahoo.com/