Pray for me

Subject: Pray for me
From: technical_writer -at- rte -dot- com
To: techwr-l
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 10:42:23

I have a new assignment: "Do a context-sensitive HTMLHelp system for
Product X [an automated medical device used in hospital operating rooms].
The 400-page user manual needs to be in HTML, too. We need a working
prototype of both, complete enough to satisfy the FDA, for the next
product
build on Thursday afternoon."

Wrinkles:
* I've never done HTML Help.
* The last version of RoboHelp I played with was v1.
* I can't use right-clicks for context sensitivity because loading the
Robohelp dll with the product disables many of the product features.
* The manual has been done entirely in Normal style;
font/size/style/justification changes for headings and captions and lists
and stuff were all done manually for each word or paragraph.

I've already reassigned my other active projects, and informed my
supervisor
that there will be no progress this week on our internal quality
documentation. I still don't see any way to accomplish this on time
without
serious supernatural intervention.

Thanks in advance for all prayers, incantations, candles, amulets, and
GoodThoughts(tm).
Kat Nagel
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.
kat_nagel -at- rte -dot- com