Itinerant Contracting, and Recruiters in Indy?

Subject: Itinerant Contracting, and Recruiters in Indy?
From: "Jeffrey W. Roberts" <jroberts2 -at- stny -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:26:14 -0400

Hi, Folks,

I'm a tech writer in northeastern Pennsylvania considering the merits of
returning to central/southern Indiana, either as a permanent (not
likely) or as a contractor (perhaps working in Indiana 4-6 months at a
time). I've been writing and editing professionally for more than a
decade in fields such as medical/legal, aerospace, postal systems,
proposals, and online/print publications.

What would you say is the feasibility of, and the general attitude
toward, working as an "itinerant" contractor in geographically diverse
locations, such as 6 months in Indy, 3 months in Denver, 2 months in
Philly, and so forth? My first throught is that travel, lodging, and
transportation logistics pose serious, maybe insurmountable problems;
telecommuting would be my perfect solution if it became available.

Also, anyone have any suggestions for recruiters/agencies in the
Indianapolis area? A rough idea of salary ranges would also be
appreciated.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

--Jeff Roberts
Technical Writer and Editor
jroberts2 -at- stny -dot- rr -dot- com