RE: A bit of clearing up on final reviews

Subject: RE: A bit of clearing up on final reviews
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: Sierra Godfrey <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 00 14:39:07 -0500

Sierra Godfrey is having problems with two engineers who want to see the
pre-print version themselves to ensure it's okay.

One of the things you can and should do, is have the pre-print copyedited,
presumably NOT by the engineers. I'm sure you can contract a copyeditor and
whatever the cost is, it's well worth it.

That being said, the engineers probably should see the document after you've
incorporated their changes, after all they are your content experts. I'd give
them a day or two to go through those changes, making sure they understand
that any other content changes will be incorporated into the next release of
the document.

Are they going to agree to that? Probably not, but get your
manager/supervisor to back you up. At some point, development has to freeze
code, and you have to freeze your documents too.

hth
jarnopol