Font Challanged person suffering with Acrobat

Subject: Font Challanged person suffering with Acrobat
From: Chris Despopoulos <cud -at- arrakis -dot- es>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:05:47 +0200

Hi all...

I hate to admit it, but I'm really stupid about fonts. I
figure there are enough people who now about them in the
world. But now I'm in hot water with distilling from
Maker.

Yesterday things were great. Today I installed a bunch of
fonts on my NT machine using ATM Lite (supposedly for NT) -
I got them all from my Illustrator program disk. Now, when
I distill, I get way chunky, practically unreadable text.
Even with the documents that worked fine, and don't use
these new fonts. Shoot, even Arial looks horrible. This
never used to be the case.

I tried searching the Adobe site and the list archives...
Apparantly this is hard to put into a catchy search phrase.
I believe the information is already out there, but I
couldn't find it.

Can anybody help me out?

Cheers cud