re:Choices other than Word

Subject: re:Choices other than Word
From: jmaechtlen -at- amada -dot- com (Jay Maechtlen)
To: "techwriter list (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 08:31:07 -0700

Subject: strong disagreement

Dan Hall wrote
> Hello, Grace.

> Welcome to the wonderful world of technical writing.

> There are a number of choices of software for DTP out there besides Word.
> Quark Express, Adobe InDesign, and Corel Ventura are page layout programs,
> mainly used for magazine production, etc., although some tech writers do a
> bang-up job creating technical docs using them. Corel WordPerfect is very
<snip>

Most users will agree, I think, that VP is not just a "page layout program"!
Its strengths include handling of books and long documents requiring
graphics, tables, and text.
However, many users find it quite capable for page layout as well.

Regards

Jay Maechtlen
Technical Publications
Amada School