RE: Corel and MS

Subject: RE: Corel and MS
From: Nancy Johnson <NancyJ -at- photoworks -dot- com>
To: "TechWriters List (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:43:48 -0700

Story on ZDNet:
http://netscape.zdnet.com/framer/hud0022420/www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/
0,4586,2635894,00.html

Nancy West Johnson
PhotoWorks.com
R & D, Technical Writer
Seattle, WA
46°F/8°C - Partly Cloudy

-----Original Message-----
From: Dick Margulis [mailto:margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 8:32 AM
To: TECHWR-L
Subject: Have you seen the news about Corel and MS (was: Re: Does anyone
still use WordPerfect?)

According to a news report I read yesterday (can't put my hands on a link
right at the moment), Microsoft and Corel are entering into a strategic
partnership.

I suspect this does not bode well for fans of WordPerfect, Corel Draw, or
Ventura Publisher, even though the news release says Microsoft will keep its
hands out of Corel's internal product development operation. (Wanna buy a
bridge?)

Dick