OT: FM + WWP SE (was RE: FrameMaker releases (was FrameMaker vs V entura) and PDF Mark)

Subject: OT: FM + WWP SE (was RE: FrameMaker releases (was FrameMaker vs V entura) and PDF Mark)
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 14:38:23 -0400

I disagree.

If the choice is have WWP SE as an export filter or not have it, I choose
the former. If WWP SE is there and you choose not to use it, no loss. If you
choose to use it to export to HTML, your gain. If you are not creating
online help, WWP SE might do you fine . . ..

I will readily admit that I use WWP Pro and, so, am not current with WWP SE,
but why not modify the ASP files that WWP puts in the Support subdirectory
for your WWP SE project. In these ASPs, can you not replace WWP logos and
text with those of your own company (add logos to the images subdir) and why
could you not save these ASPs for use with other projects and other files?

> It's like getting a
> version of FrameMaker that prints "FrameMaker Demo" across every page as a
> watermark.

How untrue. Besides, FrameMaker Demo has save disabled . . . how absolutely
worthless is that. No, WWP SE has a use, you might be better off with WWP
Pro, but as an export filter, I think it does fine.

> Don't get me wrong, I like WW Pro and think it's a great product. We are
> using it. But I was pretty pissed off when I found that after creating
> templates in WW Pro, that they couldn't be used in WW SE. I was led to
> believe that this would work, but then found out that WW SE doesn't
> support
> any Help formats.

If you create a WWP Pro template for Dynamic HTML, Portable HTML, or XML,
why cannot you use it in WWP SE? Have you tried these formats? I think you
can set up any of these formats in WWP Pro and use the WDT (template file)
in SE.

However, I do agree, if WWP SE ticks you off, don't use it. If WWP SE falls
short of making help, then step up to WWP Pro . . ..

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com