RE: Quick Comparison of Ventura & Framemaker

Subject: RE: Quick Comparison of Ventura & Framemaker
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:17:23 -0400

Actually, the proof is in the pudding.

In the initial release of 8, and certainly in VP 7, Corel listed such
features as those below but you were hard pressed to get them to work for
you as advertised and in any way that could reasonably deliver actual work
and actual throughput.

Of course, all that may have changed for Ventura, after all, CVP8 is old and
should be mature by now. Nevertheless, you have to dig in at some point and
choose the tools and technology that you will use professionally to get work
done . . . and that process is more than theory, more than advertised
features, and, in a production environment, cannot be an ongoing exercise in
product evaluation.

Yes, the list is incorrect as far as actual working FrameMaker features. I
suspect the list is also overly ambitious when it comes to working Ventura
features. However, rather than debate or download all the patches and test,
I recommend everyone take such marketing mumbo-jumbo with a grain, nay, a
mine of salt . . ..

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com