RE:ADMIN: Re: Job Fair in Columbus, Ohio...

Subject: RE:ADMIN: Re: Job Fair in Columbus, Ohio...
From: peter -at- toonboom -dot- com
To: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>, Diana Barnum <dbarnum -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:10:26 -0400

Eric,
I assume the purpose of this list is to allow writers to improve their
technical writing abilities and thereby improve there career status.

Diana Barnum posted the location and time of a job fair which had
appeared in a local newspaper, she presumably did this with the
intention of helping others improve their careers by networking with
employers and/or finding new employment.
I realise that you need to keep the list going by getting revenues
from outside advertisers. However, I do think that the advertising of
a local job fair by a list member, with the intention of passing on
some useful information, is the same as a list member saying that
one particular product works better than another. The list member
gains nothing from distributing the information, other than the
satisfaction that some other member may be helped by the
posting.
I think that under these circumstances suspension is
unnecessary and the rules should be changed to allow members to
post this type of information

Peter
Peter Cawthorne
Technical Writer