New terms for the TW industry

Subject: New terms for the TW industry
From: "EXT-Hornoi-Centerwall, Theodore" <Theodore -dot- Hornoi-Centerwall -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:55:21 -0700

Fellow TECHWR-Lers,

Here are two new terms that are being used to describe the industry we technical writers work in:

Information Design Services
Emergent Technology

I had thought of myself as working in IT in a support role. It's kind of nice to have a special designation for our industry.

These sentiments are my personal views, of course. If anyone has any thoughts on this, feel free to share.

Ted Hornoi-Centerwall
Technical Writer
CAS-CADE and CATIA Small Apps (6-6C11)
425-477-4421 7-311.1 1C13-1.2 MS 6F-06
http://www-ads.ca.boeing.com/w&e/index.html

For those of you that like literary trivia, see if you know the name of the modern
American novel that has this first line: "It was love at first sight."