Re: Graphics Utilities for Callouts?

Subject: Re: Graphics Utilities for Callouts?
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:31:43 +1000

Eric Peterson <eric -dot- peterson -at- merrillcorp -dot- com> asked:

Is there a graphics editing package that will allow me to add callouts,
labels, arrows and such to a PCX file and save the result as a graphic file,
which I could then link into my document?

I save screen captures as BMP (Snagit gives that choice) and use good ol' Windows Paint to add callouts. Then I save the whole thing as a graphic file and link to (or embed in) my Word document. You can use Paint Shop Pro or almost any graphics package to do the same thing. I've never tried it with PCX files.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/