Re: Justification for Editing Dept.

Subject: Re: Justification for Editing Dept.
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:58:20 +1000

Lisa Kemp said "I think our company would benefit from a centralized Editing Department" and asked for help "convincing some people that editing is a separate talent from writing and that good writers are not necessarily good editors."

Your company doesn't necessarily need an editing *department* but it does need one or more technical editors. Some of the pages on my website might help you with some ideas for a justification for editors. Try these:

http://www.wrevenge.com.au/about.htm
http://www.wrevenge.com.au/whoneeds.htm
http://www.wrevenge.com.au/beyond.htm

See also Geoff Hart's succinct summary in a note earlier today.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/