Creating x-refs to tables and figures in FrameMaker

Subject: Creating x-refs to tables and figures in FrameMaker
From: Patricia Robertson <probertson -at- Frictionless -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:10:18 -0400

I'm using FrameMaker 6.0 and can't figure out how to create cross-references
to tables and figures. I can create x-refs to sections, chapters, and books
that pick up the headings and page numbers. I can't seem to construct a
x-ref that picks up a table number and title. I thought I might do it by
creating a user variable. However, it looks to me as though user variables
can only use formats in their definitions.

Appreciate any help.

Patricia A. Robertson
Technical Publications Manager
Frictionless Commerce Incorporated