Re: frying pan, or fire?

Subject: Re: frying pan, or fire?
From: Bernice Kieffer <bernice_kieffer -at- mentorg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:31:49 -0700

Martha:

Simple, remember who your audience is! If your audience is the testers
and developers than by all means find out how much information they need
and supply it either directly or by referencing specific parts of the
3rd party documentation. However, if your audience is outside customers
who already have the 3rd party software and only need to know how your
software needs to be set up to work well with the others, then simply
explain to the testers and developers that you are writing to the
ultimate end user of the tool not to them.

Bernice Kieffer