RE: Illegal interview question

Subject: RE: Illegal interview question
From: Amy Griffith <Amy -dot- Griffith -at- dstm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:25:05 -0500

I'm not exactly sure about this, but I think that what the potential
employers are supposed to ask is, "Can you prove your right to work in this
country?" They aren't supposed to discriminate between actual citizens and
other people with the right to work, but they do have to have proof they've
hired someone who can work in this country.

So, to answer the original question, you don't have to just say, "No, I'm
not a citizen." Instead, answer the question they should have asked you in
the first place.

Amy Griffith