Diffing Docs

Subject: Diffing Docs
From: Pam Mandel <pmandel -at- nimble -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:52:05 -0800

Hi all,
We've just gone through the painful process of putting together our first
functional spec. We used Word and created a master doc that contains the
sub-specs for each component, then checked the whole thing in to our file
management system, P4. The problem? Our engineering lead wants to be able to
do diffs on versions of the specs. She's willing to migrate us all to a new
authoring environment if we can suggest one that is user-friendly, not
outrageously expensive, and supports diffing. We looked at LaTeX (too hard
to use) and are now considering an HTML editor instead. We're also
considering Frame, but then we have to get seats for the whole team and
that's pricey. Has anyone faced this issue? Advice?
Thanks.

Pam Mandel
Technical Communications Manager
Nimble Technology