Plain Language Writing Site

Subject: Plain Language Writing Site
From: Walter Campbell <WCampbell -at- echarge -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:30:34 -0800

My favorite line from the document "WRITING USER-FRIENDLY DOCUMENTS" (their
capitals, not mine) on

"There's also a long list of simple words you can substitute for jargon on

our web site,, in the reference library."

Perhaps a rewording would be useful: "Our web
in its reference library a long list of simple words you can substitute for

Walter Campbell
Technical Writer
eCharge Corporation
Phone (206) 749-9900 x672
Fax (206) 749-9800
wcampbell -at- echarge -dot- com

Dec. 7-8, 2000, Orlando, FL -- $100 discount for STC members. or 800-646-9989.

TECH*COMM 2000 Conference, Help Technology Conference, and more or 800-448-4230