Re: press or click.....

Subject: Re: press or click.....
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 11:16:29 -0600

My "standard" is that if there's an actual physical button, you press it. If it's a virtual button, you click it. But I don't document software, so I'm curious about the opinions of those who do.

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK

>>> mike w <techmail_mike -at- yahoo -dot- com> 11/02/00 11:09AM >>>
MOS says "do not use press as a synonym for click."

So, if I am documenting an ordering process where you
have to choose either a "yes" or "no" button before
you can go to the next screen, would it be "press" or

Dec. 7-8, 2000, Orlando, FL -- $100 discount for STC members. or 800-646-9989.