Collaboration with software developers

Subject: Collaboration with software developers
From: Keith Posner <posner -at- sodalia -dot- it>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 11:09:26 +0100

I am currently working on a dissertation. As part of the dissertation I
would like to collaborate with software developer(s) in the development
of user assistance. The original title of the dissertation was
"Incorporating the principles of cognitive psychology in the design of
online help". My plan is to base the research on a case study in the
following way:

1. Find a piece of software that needs online help/user assistance.
Ideally this software would run on the Web.

2. Negotiate with the software developers I offer to develop online
help/user assistance for the software.
However, the catch is that by providing these services "for free",
the software developers are happy to accept my proposals for
improving the usability of the interface and are prepared to modify
the software accordingly. (Proposals for improving usability would be
based on usability testing with selected participants and this would
be part of the research work for the dissertation).

3. Usability test the modified software with the online help/user
assistance.

Does anyone know a small organization or even a lone software developer
who would be interested in this type of collaboration? Alternatively,
can someone suggest a mailing list where I could find software
developers who might be interested in this type of collaboration?

Many thanks,
Keith Posner
--

Per informazione su ISRAELE http://www.israele.net