RE: Need help with a research project

Subject: RE: Need help with a research project
From: "Sarah Bane" <Sarah -dot- Bane -at- spectrumretail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:06:32 -0600

Bill McClain notes:
~|>> *sigh* Another week, another grad student trying to get us
~|>to do his
~|>> homework for him.
~|>>
This writer asks a few survey questions about my individual work. I
consider that research. Others have presented lists of essay questions,
the answers to some of which are widely available. I consider that using
the list as a homework hotline.

Herman Holtz is
~|>constantly amazed at the insensitivity of
~|>people who
~|>think they can demand free services from strangers who earn
~|>their living
~|>selling those services.

I do see your point, but look at the questions this person is asking
(and the request is polite, not "demanding"). You get paid for telling
people what kinds of documents you write, how much experience you have,
what kinds of errors are most difficult for you to correct, and where
you work?

How do I get into that racket? :)

Sarah Bane
Day job: Technical Writer, SpectrumRetail, Inc.--powered by ProphetLine
Night job: Associate Instructor, Westark College
sarah -dot- bane -at- spectrumretail -dot- com
sbane -at- systema -dot- westark -dot- edu

Opinions expressed are my own and not endorsed by SpectrumRetail or by
Westark.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230