Re: ADMIN: FYI

Subject: Re: ADMIN: FYI
From: Sandy Harris <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 00:45:15 -0500

Eric runs a good list, with less flaming and far fewer off-topic posts than
most other lists I'm on, and is to be congratulated on it. Also, in general
we should all support him in his efforts to keep it that way.

That said, lets not go overboard. Satire, blunt speaking and even passion
all have legitimate roles in debate.

> I don't tolerate that kind of behavior in my classroom of eighth graders,
> and I certainly don't expect it from intelligent adults.

I am not here to live up to your expectations.

Intelligent adults do fight about intellectual issues and about issues of
taste and style. Sometimes some of the discussion may get quite heated.
If you cannot cope with that, please go away.

There is no excuse whatsoever to consider imposing the standards of a
grade 8 class here, than heaven.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230