Frame question: rotated graphics truncated

Subject: Frame question: rotated graphics truncated
From: Walter Crockett <walter -dot- crockett -at- informix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:55:58 -0600

I have not been able to get an answer for this question from the FrameUser's
list, so I am escalating it to techwr-l in hopes that someone can help me.

Here's the problem:

I am importing a bunch of large model graphics by copying them from Word and
pasting into Frame and then rotating the anchored frame so that it fits on
the page, which is 8.5x11. (I normally import graphics by reference, but
these graphics are models created in Select and then pasted into Word
documents. When I paste them into Paint Shop Pro and then save them as .tif,
or .wmf, the text quality isn't nearly as good as if I just copy them in
Word and
paste them directly into Frame, where they appear as OLE2.)

My problem is that even though the graphic fits in the anchored frame, which
fits in the text frame; and even though I can clearly see all parts of it on
the page in Frame:
a. the top and bottom are truncated when I print
b. the top and bottom are truncated in precisely the same way when I make a
PDF

If I scale the size to 90 percent, I can see the whole graphic, and it
doesn't matter how close to either top or bottom margin I place it.

If I create a new landscape page with identical margins and copy and paste
the graphic, it prints just fine. It's only when I rotate it that it gets
truncated after a certain size. And it doesn't matter whether I rotate the
anchored frame or the graphic within it, it happens either way.

What could be causing this problem? Is there some size limitation on rotated
graphics?
These are complex database model diagrams, so I want the text to be as
legible as possible.

It has been suggested that I rotate the graphic before bringing it into
Frame, but you can't do that in Word or Select and when I do it in Paint
Shop Pro I can't seem to find any way of saving the graphic that doesn't
pixelate it too much.

Any ideas?

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230