ForeHelp to RoboHelp Transition

Subject: ForeHelp to RoboHelp Transition
From: Anna Bernhardt <abernhardt -at- alitech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:49:56 -0800

I've enjoyed lurking and folllowing the discussion in digest.

The company I work for is currently using ForeHelp to create the help files
for several products. The help files we have created have been quite
straight-forward. (Only a small one is context sensitive.) We are looking at
a significant product redesign and a need for much more extensive help files
for the products (fully context sensitive and more files).

I've found some of the limits with ForeHelp, but it is really simple to use.
Right now I have crazy deadlines, but if I want the company to move to
RoboHelp I need to start planning for the transition now. If you have gone
through this transition or used both products, your advice would be
especially helpful.

So here are my questions. How much more functionality might I expect with
RoboHelp? Is it easier to work between Frame documents and RoboHelp
documents? How much time should I expect to need to get up to speed with
RoboHelp if I learn quickly?

Thanks

Anna Bernhardt
abernhardt -at- alitech -dot- com