RGB Equivalents to Pantone Color Codes

Subject: RGB Equivalents to Pantone Color Codes
From: "David K. Rathbun" <drathbun -at- linguateq -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:34:10 -0500

I posted this message to the newsgroup, and have had no replies,
nor have I seen it in the digests I receive. I am posting it to the list
in the hope that it will produce different results.

Please forgive me if you have seen this query before.

I have the unenviable task of producing a bitmap rendition of my
company's logo for our print documentation, and for use in our
product's dialog boxes.

I have been given the Pantone numbers that the graphic artist used for
the colors used in the logo and I need to translate these numbers into
equivalent values in the RGB color model used in the painting programs
available to me.

It is not necessary that someone do my job for me. If there is some
resource that you know of, available through the WWW or ina public
library that would allow me to get this information myself, that would
be sufficient.

Does anyone out there have one of those translation programs (such as
Office Color Assistant) that they can use to translate the Pantone
numbers I have to RGB values?

Here is what I have:

green - PMS 578
red - PMS 185
blue - PMS 2766

Here is what I need (for each of the three listed above):

Red
Blue
Green
Hue
Saturation
Luminescence

Thank you in advance for any reply you may make, and for your kind
attention to my need.

David K. Rathbun
Manager, Technical Documentation
drathbun -at- linguateq -dot- com