Re: New Tech Writer

Subject: Re: New Tech Writer
From: Sandy Harris <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:13:51 -0500

edunn -at- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com wrote:
> How's this for a project for a new writer looking for experience?
> Create a FAQ using the Techwr-L archives as a guide.

Great project.

> This FAQ could then be posted when one of those oft repeated questions arises.

No. If it is any good, my guess is that the Rays would be happy to add
it to the site. Then we need not clutter up the list with postings of it.
Just mail people who ask such questions the URL, off-list.

Of course, the FAQ URL also goes in the "welcome to the list" boilerplate

> There must be dozens (if
> not hundreds) involving FrameMaker, Word, screen captures, independant
> contracting, etc.

Plus pointers to standard net references like the list of available
mailing lists at or the FAQs at
or dictionaries like or