Re: Page Layout Program

Subject: Re: Page Layout Program
From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- mail -dot- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:43:25 -0600

Anna,

If you are looking at producing long, complicated documents, heavy in
formatting, tables, imported graphics, mulitple files, cross-references, table
of contents, indices, glossary, etc., then indeed you want to consider
FrameMaker.

PageMaker, InDesign, Quark, are all designed for shorter documents where layout
is variable, and exact placement is important. They can be used for long
documents, but are a real pain, since they do not allow the templates and
automation of format that FrameMaker does.

While FrameMaker has a high learning curve, it is primarily in the creation of
the templates, which, once done, can serve you for many years. You will really
want to look into upgrading to Windows 2000, I would personally recommend
Macintosh, but you IT department would probably have kittens at the thought.

Scott

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230