Academic Focus

Subject: Academic Focus
From: Andrea Frazier <AFrazier -at- CreativeSolutions -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:34:09 -0500

In a way, you have contradicted yourself. You claim that people who've had
higher learning are taught not to question the methods they learned, and
then you assert:

The one thing I don't regret from my schooling...
being taught to think for myself and weigh everything
accordingly. THAT is the one thing I don't regret

It sounds like higher learning isn't necessarily the problem. It's lack of
curiosity and innovation on the part of the student, coupled with perhaps a
bad curriculum. You can learn bad habits on the job just as well as you can
in school. "We do it this way, because this is the way it's always been

Andrea Frazier 3480