Peer editing metrics question

Subject: Peer editing metrics question
From: Simon -dot- Fea -at- Dialogic -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:21:31

Does anyone have a rule of thumb for proportion of time spent writing /
editing in a group? We have about 30 writers and I want to introduce peer
editing. To get buy-in and scheduling from management, I need to come up
with a figure. Supposing you take out all other factors and simply
consider two writers, writing and editing each other's work, what would be
the proportion of time spent in each activity? Any advice on this or
general comments on implementation of peer editing much appreciated. The
editing will be done to in-house style guide / standards.

Simon

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230