Re: Style Guide for Functional/Technical Specifcations

Subject: Re: Style Guide for Functional/Technical Specifcations
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 06:32:52 -0800

At 09:50 AM 11/22/00 -0500, Dana Ditomaso wrote:

Hello listers!

I'm currently developing a style guide for our functional and technical
specifications, and am having difficulty finding examples on the web (and
yes, I tried google). For a bit of background, I work at a software
company, and we have a standard product that our clients often customize.
The software itself is platformed in Microsoft Access.

Can anyone share with me their style guides (or portions thereof?) or
perhaps a bit of a "real" functional/technical specification?
Unfortunately, I have never really done this sort of thing before, so I want
to make sure that I'm on the right path.

Any and all help is gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance!
An Alta Vista Search on "Software Design Specification" yields a large
number of hits, with the one below being the prime candidate.

http://www.construx.com/survivalguide/desspec.htm

Also, DOD-STD-2167A. defines, and provides reference to,
the DOD requirements for these types of documents.

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.