RE: "Chapter" vs "Appendix"

Subject: RE: "Chapter" vs "Appendix"
From: Barb Einarsen <barb -dot- einarsen -at- gnnettest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:52:41 -0500

We use appendices for reference material (adapter specifications, a white
paper on the ATM protocol) or outdated material (people using outdated
hardware). All other information, including troubleshooting sections are
chapters. I have also toyed with the idea of removing appendices, but they
are handy for holding information that doesn't really 'belong' in the guide.

Barb Einarsen
Manager of Product Information Development
barb -dot- einarsen -at- gnnettest -dot- com
v: 905 948 7527

GN Nettest
f: 905 475 6524