Systems are tools too!

Subject: Systems are tools too!
From: Damien Braniff <dbraniff -at- iss-dsp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:24:18 +0000

An interesting debate on systems/structurethis but one where, I feel,
the two sides will never reach full accord. Both come from, I assume,
their own experience and we are all moulded to a greater or lesser
degree by our experiences be it with systems, agencies or whatever.

What I think we have to remember is that all systems are, after all,
just tools. As such any system should be used where appropriate.
Trying to squeeze everything into it (or not using it at all) is a bit
like saying Word is great for WP, layout, DTP etc. While it may do
something resembling DTP etc it ain't the best tool for everything, just
as Frame isn't, Quark isn't etc.

Damien Braniff

--
Damien Braniff