Re: Tools: Postscript printers?

Subject: Re: Tools: Postscript printers?
From: Damien Braniff <dbraniff -at- iss-dsp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:37:14 +0000

We had some problem with driver supplied with Distiller (eventually sorted) so
we were printing to the HP PS printer but got errors when we distilled - said it
WASN'T a PS printer. In the end I instlled an Apply printer driver (definitely
PS) to solve th problem. This was some time ago so the emulators may be better

On a related issue does anyone know of a good color A3 PS printer? We've been
asked to supply masters to the printer (A4 docs) on A3 with cropmarks. Simple
or so I thought. Found a couple of possibles so far (Fiery doculor 2000 and
Xerox docutech 6135) but both seem to have pecularities. If anyone can recommend
one I'd be grateful.

Damien Braniff
Damien Braniff
Technical Author
Integrated Silicon Systems Ltd. Tel: +44 28 90 50 4000
50 Malone Road Fax: +44 28 90 50 4001
Belfast BT9 5BS Web: