Tools: Postscript printers?

Subject: Tools: Postscript printers?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:19:27 -0500

We're in the lucky position of being able to upgrade our trusty old HP
Laserjet 4 to a newer printer, with a much faster rasterizer and print
engine, large-paper capacities, and so on. Since we've been moving
incrementally towards a fully PostScript-based workflow, this next printer
should be PostScript-compatible.

Here's the problem: Everyone seems to be selling printers with PostScript
emulation rather than full Adobe-licensed PostScript. We're currently
looking at the HP 8150, which should be an excellent printer based on our
past experience with HP products, but we're slightly concerned that it's not
Adobe PostScript.

Has anyone had any bad (or particularly good!) experiences with HP's
PostScript emulation? Any comments on the HP 8150 itself concerning
reliability, quality, etc.? Thankee!

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230