Switch from WordPerfect to Word? Oh no!

Subject: Switch from WordPerfect to Word? Oh no!
From: "Joyce Fetterman" <joycef -at- gtsoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:16:05 -0500

I need your assistance quickly.

For many years, I've written software documentation (printed manuals) using
WordPerfect. Today I received notice that the company intends to standardize
EVERYONE on Word.

I've used Word, and while it's fine for memos and the like, I have no idea
how anyone can use it for long documents. Writing without seeing the
underlying codes is like trying to debug an application by watching it run,
rather than looking at the source! Furthermore, I read post after post about
how badly Word manages (mangles?) large and multi-part documents.

Anyway, I need to offer a powerful argument if I am to avoid this switch. I
will be grateful for any experiences you can share. If I'm wrong and Word
really is a wonderful tool for writing manuals, you can say that too.

Please copy me directly, since I'm on digest! Thanks!

Joyce

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230