RE: editing guidelines

Subject: RE: editing guidelines
From: Doug Grossman <Doug -dot- Grossman -at- sas -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 12:27:05 -0500

Point well taken. Not being a contractor, I tend not to think in those terms.

I think what it comes down to, then, is just keeping your own metrics on all types and combinations of situations---number of pages, complexity of content, number and complexity of tables and figures, capability of authors, etc.---and learn by experience. Obviously, there will be pitfalls at first, because of lack of such statistics, but I do truly believe that over time (and if you work a lot, I don't imagine it would take that long) to gather these metrics for most, if not all, situations.

Just my opinion.......

---Doug Grossman (Doug -dot- Grossman -at- SAS -dot- com)