Re: STC bene's revisited

Subject: Re: STC bene's revisited
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 12:00:25 -0800

Michele Davis wrote:

> Everybody seems to think I was serious, it was tongue-in-cheek. Having a tattoo, or
> loving the Sisters of Mercy doesn't make you cool, but having a personality and the
> ability to maintain a lively conversation bundled with a sense of humor does. I find
> that grossly lacking at STC meetings in Minneapolis. But you would have to be someone
> that came from a different city (not a born-here one) to understand the true
> repression of the TC. The "cover" as you call it is also a snapshot into what a
> person is like. The cover in the TC is frigidity, combined with repression and a
> cliqueish that would stun an 11th grade cheerleader.

I caught your tone. I meant my comment as a jocular aside. I'm sorry
that that didn't come across.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

'And do you mean to say that you've built up this important business
and amassed a fortune of thirty thousand pounds without being able
to read or write? Good God, man, what would you be now if you had
been able to?'

"'I can tell you that, sir,' said Mr. Foreman, a little smile on his
still aristocratic features. 'I'd be verger of St. Peter's, Neville
Square.'"

- Somerset Maugham, "The Verger"