Re: conference fees

Subject: Re: conference fees
From: "Jane Bergen" <jane -dot- bergen -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:59:29 -0600

I'm curious....has STC ever said WHY they require speakers to pay? I
certainly hope someone from the national committee is lurking here and
sees the discontent. This unusual arrangement may be the reason we
sometimes get speakers who are ...well, "not so hot."

Most of the speakers are pretty good, and consider that, as one consultant
mentioned, they not only have to pay their conference fees, airfare, and
hotel...but they are not getting paid for "time off" their regular jobs
either. Most lug along their own equipment and often arrange their own
printing for their handouts (*surely* they do get reimbursed for that,
right?).

Jane Bergen