RE: Troublesome Writers

Subject: RE: Troublesome Writers
From: "Miller, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Miller -at- Anheuser-Busch -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:42:09 -0600

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this woman's situation troubles
Andrew because perhaps he relates to her "bull-headedness"?

Now, I'm going to go out on another limb and admit to you all that I too was a
troublesome employee similiar to the woman that Andrew describes. It took about
three jobs not going well (okay going really badly) until I finally said it
can't always be "them." What is my responsibility in this? The journey to
answer that question was very eye-opening to say the least.

My answer was (wow, this is hard) that I have attention deficit disorder. For
me it means that I was (and am without help) unable to put up an effective
filter on my thoughts, passions, and impulses, so my actions were often
inappropriate in ways that made my employer and peers uncomfortable. I have
taken steps to overcome this disability, and I have been very successful since.

I make this confession to bring to this list's attention that there are usually
underlying reasons for a person being difficult. Obviously, everyone must make
their own choice about how involved to get in a peer's or employee's life.
However,I didn't want this thread to continue without saying that there might be
a possibility that the difficult employee might need some help, and you must
determine your own personal level responsibility for the other person. Hopefully
you will make this determination with a deeper level of knowledge than just the
persons actions and the response that is easiest for you.

Lisa A. Miller
Technical ! Writer
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
Packaging Team - Corporate Engineering
mailto:lisa -dot- miller -at- anheuser-busch -dot- com
(314) 865-8904

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-- Benjamin Franklin