Help on Help

Subject: Help on Help
From: "Yaacov Garber" <YGarber -at- e-and-c -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 11:45:33 +0200

I am documenting a medical software application (MSA) and trying to find a
valid Help solution to what appears to be an impossible situation.
The parameters that I have been presented with are as follows.
1. The MSA UI must be displayed and active at all times.
2. Messages (i.e. alerts and warnings) and current data generated by
the MSA must not be obscured by a Help window.
3. The MSA does not have DLLs, so context sensitive Help is not an
option.
4. Building Help objects in the MSA development cycle is not a
feasible option.
The MSA runs on Windows NT only.
The powers that be see this Help project more as an online user guide and
not a situation specific Help system. Additionally, they don't see it as
being particularly important so money and time allocated to it would be
minimal.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yaacov Garber
Technical Communications