RE: A question about education

Subject: RE: A question about education
From: "Le Vie, DonaldX S" <donaldx -dot- s -dot- le -dot- vie -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 05:14:13 -0800

Unless you're writing documents for internal projects in the development
stage or a few customers with NDAs, you should be able to add items to your
portfolio without too much difficulty. If you write any kind of publication
for public consumption, you should have a copy of it. Most of the time, the
"confidential" information is already released and probably outdated by the
time you're showing it to prospective employers. None of my previous
employers ever had an issue with me adding finished publications to my
collection. In most cases, common sense will dictate whether something is
confidential or not. For those other situations, ask first.

Oh..and my samples always stay with me. I never leave behind something
irreplaceable from my portfolio.

Donn Le Vie