Re: FWD: How to handle interesting contract situation

Subject: Re: FWD: How to handle interesting contract situation
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 05:14:05 -0800 (PST)

--- anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com wrote:
[Snippy]
> My current contract was due to expire the end of this year after
> several extensions. Recently, it was extended for additional time to
> allow more time to find a couple of replacements.

[More Snippy]

> Anyway, the question. I gave my comittment to the extension. However,
> with things as I've described, and with what appears to be happening,
> would you stick around or would you end your existing contract as
> planned at the at of the year.

It sounds to me like it's time to talk to the manager who fired the
manager who hired you. Do they want you to stay? Or would they like to
make a clean sweep of things, for whatever reason, but just haven't
gotten around to telling you. If they want you to go, you can part on
good terms and move on, especially as you see no particular
difficulties landing your next contract.

However, if they want you to stay, I think you may be better off
honoring your commitment. It may be a difficult situation for you in
the short run, if I recall correctly, your commitment only runs a
couple of more months (March?), which is a short time but which allows
you to build good faith and walk away knowing you fulfilled your commitment.

=====
Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems