RE: Pseudowriters (Should 'Pseudo-issue')

Subject: RE: Pseudowriters (Should 'Pseudo-issue')
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 14:08:16 -0500

On 12/27/00 12:38 PM, John Locke (mail -at- freelock -dot- com) wrote:

>My approach is to ask questions. Ignore the statements that "this is too
>technical for a writer," and ask a question about some extremely technical
>implementation detail. If you're talking the developer's language, she's
>bound to respond.

Sorry, guess I was unclear (again). The "that's too technical" comments
come from the documentation manager and other writers, not the engineers,
and I usually end up banging my head against the wall trying to convince
them that mastering the technical material that the users need is more
important than implementing that cool new process, style guide, or
graphic design.

The question remains, how do you convince other writers and writing
management that accurate and complete content is worth just as much, if
not more, effort than new processes and publishing toys?

----->Mike

stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com -- AOL and AOL Instant Messenger:MStockman

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.