Re: dreamweaver or frontpage?

Subject: Re: dreamweaver or frontpage?
From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:45:54 -0600

It means "Don't trust the buggy, security hole ridden, consumer level
software made by Microsoft." Use an industrial strength flexible, very
powerful tool (i.e., Dreamweaver).

Front Page is not designed as an enterprise level tool, Dreamweaver is.

Front Page was designed for consumer level, small projects. It gets used
for large, complex project, but most professionals prefer to use an ax
to chop down trees, not a hand hatchet.

Front Page is pushed primarily because it is a Microsoft program, has
high visibility and brand name recognition.

Dreamweaver is designed to allow the web author more control over the
final HTML code without forcing platform specific coding or suspicious
coding practices.

Front Page assumes that you are an idiot, does most of the coding for
you through the GUI, but in the processes forces certain coding styles
on you, that may not perform optimally, adequately, or not be platform
neutral.

(Ok, Im wearing my asbestos underwear, the flamers can bring it on.)

Scott

Cynthia KILMER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a list of pros and cons of Frontpage and Dreamweaver web authoring software. Why is Dreamweaver the preferred tool? I've heard Dreamweaver is more flexible and web designers can do
> more
> with it. But concretely what does that mean?

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.