Re: dreamweaver or frontpage?

Subject: Re: dreamweaver or frontpage?
From: Mark Nelson <MCN -at- cc -dot- usu -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:51:34 -0700 (MST)

>I'm looking for a list of pros and cons of Frontpage and
>Dreamweaver web authoring software. Why is Dreamweaver the
>preferred tool? I've heard Dreamweaver is more flexible and web
>designers can do more with it. But concretely what does that
>mean?

Perhaps the most important thing for me when I edit web pages is
'final say.' If I go into the code and manually change it, I want
that change to stick. Dreamweaver will not touch my code after I
change it, FrontPage, Netscape Composer and others will. And worst
of all they usually change the code to tags and practices that
are platform-specific or browser-dependent (highly coincidental
coming from Netscape and Microsoft I'm sure).

There is nothing more aggrevating to me than changing something
in the code, turning my back and finding that the code has
'fixed' itself.

Allaire HomeSite is another fine option if you demand control and
you don't want the application 'fixing' its code.

Mark Nelson
Utah State University

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.