Revision History in Readme?

Subject: Revision History in Readme?
From: Melanie Shook <mshook -at- com2001 -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:06:02 -0600

Historically at my company, the readme has included a revision history,
which lists all of the bug fixes and feature additions ever made. Now that
the product is becoming more mature, this list is getting extensive.

Is this typically done? This is a consumer product. Is there some value to
including a revision history that I don't get? (Last time I mentioned
getting rid of it, the lead developer wanted to keep it, and being new at
the time, I deferred to his judgment.)

The readme has features and enhancements, anomaly corrections, and known
issues for the current release or service pack. I would prefer to stick with
this information and do away with the revision history, but maybe I'm
missing something.

Any opinions?

Melanie Shook

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.