RE: dreamweaver or frontpage?

Subject: RE: dreamweaver or frontpage?
From: "L'illette Vasquez" <lillette9 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 12:56:20 -0600

I've been a Dreamweaver user since it's first release. Although FrontPage
2000 is apparently a much better product than FP98, I haven't used it much,
so I can't offer a fair comparison. However, when I chose "my preferred
tool" a few years ago, I decided on Dreamweaver for its various features
applicable to my specific needs: extensions, clean and unaltered code,
simultaneous edit of both HTML and WYSIWYG, etc. As the product developed,
it also allowed me to work with DHTML and now JHTML pages. When Dreamweaver
Ultradev came out, I switched to it, again for it's extra features.
Dreamweaver is sometimes considered more difficult to use, but I don't mind
a little extra "ramp up" time if the trade-off is more flexibility with a
single product.

A quick search brought up these sites that offer reviews or comparisons.
They do focus on older versions of the softwares, but I think they offer
some good points to consider:

http://builder.cnet.com/Servers/RexTech/113098/
http://builder.cnet.com/Authoring/WysiComparo/ss01.html
http://builder.cnet.com/Authoring/WysiComparo/ss07.html
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/98/13/index1a_page10.html
http://builder.cnet.com/Authoring/DTools/ss08.html

L'illette Vasquez
job-hunter-at-large (resume available :)

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.