RE: PDF print drivers?

Subject: RE: PDF print drivers?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 08:51:12 -0500

Hallo:

The best thing to do with Word and Win2k is to purchase the Adobe Acrobat
product from Adobe. This includes Adobe Distiller, which you use to make
PDFs. Distiller takes advantage of a "Distiller" printer instance, which is
a virtual printer that prints only to file. The Distiller printer instance
comprises the latest Adobe PostScript printer driver for your OS plus the
Distiller PPD, which is available on the CD-ROM. All this ties together with
PDFMaker in MS Word.

Otherwise, you can use PDFwriter which creates PDF output from Word but does
not use a PostScript process and does not create fully functional PDFs (such
as, no bookmarks).

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com