RE: Argh! Indexing in FM 6.0

Subject: RE: Argh! Indexing in FM 6.0
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 14:13:11 -0500

Happy to have you here:

Sorry to bounce you elsewhere. In short, check out the FrameMaker forum at
http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html. You'll need to log in, of
course.

In short this sounds like one issue. The issue is that the chapter numbering
is managed at the book level. With the book file active, click your chapter
7 to highlight it. Then, choose Format|Document|Numbering. This'll get you
headed in the right direction. These items are described in the
documentation, so if this is not what you are after, post on the FrameMaker
forum--there are several gurus over there who will have this solved lickety
split. <g>

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com